Friday, May 05, 2006

Free e-mail newsletter about art




For awhile, I have been getting weekly emails about art from Robert Genn. These are free, you can sign up at http://www.painterskeys.com/.
the painterskeys.com community


He is an interesting writer and also includes comments from other artists. If you let me sign you up, I can get a free book--but you can go ahead and sign yourself up, too. I find it inspiring to get emails about art, not just about quilting. I used to enjoy the quiltart mailing list, but there were so many off-topic posts that I am unsubscribed at the moment. Seems like I spend enough time at the computer as it is, since I work at home there are many other things I could be doing than reading email.

The photos are from a garden tour I recently took in Palo Alto. The rocks and tree roots will become another watercolor painting. The metal statue was in a garden, I have seen work by this same artist (don't know his name) at Ft. Mason craft shows, but this is the first time I have seen his work in an actual garden.

No comments: