Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Cute little things




These two shots are also inside my sewing room. The kitties are all made in Japan of the same kind of Japanese crape fabric that is used in my photo quilt. The wooden woman was made by my dad many years ago, and the wooden chain is a depression-era piece that has these words incised on it: "spit and argue club." I can just image a bunch of unemployed guys sitting around whittling and talking and chewing tobacco, spitting into a cuspidor in the corner...

The sewing bear is made of composite (plastic). If you lift him up, the top of the book he is sitting on comes off and inside is a little box where I can hide things. The round doll is also from Japan, she is made of paper and has a little bell inside.

1 comment:

marina said...

I'll look for some new ones...these are mine!