Saturday, June 18, 2011

Visiting Richmond










Today I had to take my son to Richmond, north of Berkeley, for a class. So I did a bit of research and found some fun things to do out there. After dropping him at the class at Douglas & Sturgess in an industrial area, my daughter and I had a lovely brunch at Salute, which is in Marina Bay (an excellent name). The restaurant is right on the water, so we sat in an outdoor patio and enjoyed the great view and food. Then we drove into Historic Pt Richmond, where quaint buildings and interesting shops are clustered around a small park and public library. Afterwards, we visited the Bone Room in Albany, a truly unique business that sells bones, insects, and all sorts of other cool stuff. Next door, they recently opened a gallery to sell related art. It was an interesting, fun day!

No comments: