Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Alameda Antique Market again!





Yes, this is my favorite thing to do every month. My big purchase (bottom photo)was a wool crocheted blanket from the 1940's, the woman who sold it knew the name of the woman who had made it (Guadalupe, they called her Lula) and her daughter (Marjorie) who had recently died in her 90's. A few seams need to be resewn, but it's otherwise in great condition. Aren't the little dress potholders cute? $3 each! Plus a baby bonnet, purse, and heart pincushion made of crochet thread, such fine work. I'm using the little basket to hold all my crochet hooks. The blue rocking chair is made of clothespins! The pink plastic thread holder was actually purchased at last month's antique faire, one of the "shelves" is broken off so I need to figure out a good way to attach it again.

No comments: