Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My trip to Comic Con and San Diego




We just got back from Comic Con in San Diego. I didn't take any pictures there--it was a madhouse, I barely escaped alive. My favorite bit was meeting Lynda Barry and getting her autograph on her new book, "What it is". But I did see some other nice things in the city.

I spent one day in Balboa Park, so here are three photos from there. The black and white people are painted on a wall around construction at the art museum. I saw a very interesting photo show there, as well as Georgia O'Keefe's paintings (plus work by other women artists of the same era). The palm trees are next to the museum. And I always love to spend time in the Spanish Village--it is full of little shops selling handmade things, and many artists are there, making more things.

I just discovered this marvelous sketch blog for you to check out--the artist's name is Pete Scully.

No comments: