Monday, July 14, 2008

Future quilts?





I took pics of the photos that I printed on fabric after the SAQA workshop--they are still pinned to my design wall, waiting for me to do something with them. Too much knitting! As you can see, in the top image (ferns) one print did not fill the page, so I need to figure out whether I want to chop all of the ferns off to match, or somehow fill in that space. Also, I want to paint the white areas to tone down the contrast. The others are all pretty close to what I wanted, it's just a matter of figuring out how to sew them together, if they need borders, etc. NOTE: All of them are still attached to the paper, so that's why you see white borders around the edges in some places--I have not trimmed them off yet. Sometimes those white borders end up inside the seams when I sew the photos together, so I leave them on until I have chosen a layout.

2 comments:

Lorie McCown said...

these look interesting, I like how something common can look amazing when it's abstracted. Nice start to something..

marina said...

Thanks! I always forget to check for comments until weeks later...I took a bunch more pictures of ancient statues in San Diego last week, this is the start of a new series.