Monday, September 19, 2011

A "flavor-ful" dinner and a Halloween quilt!




For our anniversary, we had dinner at Flavor, a relatively new restaurant near the Half Moon Bay harbor. I took pics of our desserts, which were divine. My entree was a seafood pot pie, which had a really delicious crust and large pieces of scallops, shrimp, and fish inside. The only downside is that the sun was pouring in through the large windows that face the ocean, so we had to pull the blinds down to avoid getting cooked (the restaurant does not have air conditioning, just ceiling fans.) Other patrons were complaining about the heat, also.

On Sunday, I made a small Halloween quilt from a kit that my DIL bought at a quilt show in Atlanta a couple of years ago. I'll bring it when I visit them in October. It is mostly fused applique, with the quilting and applique stitching done at the same time, so this was a fairly quick project.

1 comment:

Linda Manfre said...

Like the Halloween quilt, pretty sure I would Love the deserts!