Monday, August 29, 2011

J-Pop festival, Gorilla BBQ, model store





Here's a bit of what I've been doing lately--yesterday, we visited the J-Pop music festival in SF's Japantown. I'm including just one photo here, but there were lots of people in costume walking around, and the craft booths were fun to peruse also. I bought a small kit to make crochet squares to donate for Earthquake and Tsunami relief in Japan.

The red train car is where my favorite take-out food is, Gorilla Barbeque. There's no place to eat inside the car, it's all kitchen and a little counter for ordering. But it's near the beach in Pacifica, so there are plenty of outdoor places to eat.

Finally, we also visited a traditional "model" store in SF, Franciscan Hobbies on Ocean Avenue. It has been there for years. I never knew there were so many different magazines about model trains!

2 comments:

CraftyGryphon said...

Okay, I may actually have to visit Cali again for a J-Pop festival. That sounds like a LOT of fun!!

(And I'd believe the model train thing. I didn't realize there were magazines dedicated to flashlights before I got married...)

Jomama said...

Magazines about flashlights? Where?! We're just back from a camping trip, and this is on my mind...