Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Golden Gate Park Sketchcrawl




Back in November, I mentioned that I met Enrico Casarosa at APE. He is a wonderful artist who also organizes sketchcrawls in San Francisco. This past weekend, my daughter and I participated in one and had a blast. The meeting point at the end of the day was the de Young museum, so we spent the entire day in Golden Gate Park.

We saw the wonderful garden railway with San Francisco landmark buildings made of recycled materials at the Conservatory of Flowers, wandered around in the Japanese Tea Garden, and ate lunch at the Academy of Sciences cafe (very good food but it was packed with people). I have a membership to the Academy, but non-members must pay admission to get to the cafe, unlike the de Young where you can enter the cafe without paying admission.

The pics show the four pages I painted in my new watercolor moleskine sketchbook given to me by my daughter for Christmas, and a picture of a neat cartoon done by Chip Sullivan for the Garden Railway. There is a whole series of his cartoons on display inside the exhibit.

At the end of the day, we met about 200(?) or so other sketchers at the de Young cafe and shared our work. And this post sets a personal record for the highest number of links to other sites!

No comments: